add some green to your morning routine
Add a Little Green to Your Morning Routine: try a green smoothie!
Dietitians recommend that we eat 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables each day (varies by age and sex – check USDA’s My Plate Guidelines for more information). Unless you moonlight as a rabbit, our fast-paced lifestyles often make it hard to meet our daily quota.
If you haven’t tried green smoothies, prepare to have your mind and taste buds blown away! Green smoothies are a quick and easy solution to get more fruits and vegetables, especially dark leafy greens in your diet.
It’s time to resurrect that dusty blender sitting in the back of your cupboard. Try this simple recipe to rev up your morning with loads of fiber, micronutrients, muscle-building protein, and tasty goodness. Your body will thank you for it!
- 2-3 cups of your favorite greens (spinach, kale, spring mix, etc.)
- 1 banana
- 2 cups milk or non-dairy substitute (cashew, almond, hemp, or rice milk)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (~23 g)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of peanut butter (can substitute with almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds or milled flax seeds (optional)
acac Personal Trainer Tyler Herman provided this tip and recipe. Click here to learn more about Tyler!