Barbecue Chicken and Grape Salad
Delicious light dinner that makes great leftovers for lunch.
Serving Size: 4 servings (serving size about 1 ¼ cups)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (for stovetop preparation)
- ¾ cup seedless green grapes, halved
- ¾ cup seedless red grapes, halved
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped celery
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise (may substitute all are part with low-fat Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
Heat the grill. Combine onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and ½ teaspoon salt, sprinkle over chicken. Grill chicken till an internal temperature of 165° is reached. Remove from heat and refrigerate until chilled. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
Combine ¼ teaspoon salt, green grapes, and next 6 ingredients (through orange juice) in a large bowl. Add chopped chicken, and toss to coat. Sprinkle salad with walnuts.
Alternate cooking method: Preheat oven to 350°. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and sauté 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Wrap handle of skillet in foil; bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until done.
Nutrition information(per serving): calories 266, fat 8.5 g, protein 29.1 g, carbohydrates 19.1 g, fiber 2 g, cholesterol 66 mg, iron 1.6 mg, sodium 676 mg, calcium 40 mg.
For more nutrition information please contact Kris Bonham, RDN at firstname.lastname@example.org