Cancer Wellfit® program
- Cancer Wellfit® is a nationally recognized, 10-week supervised exercise program for people who are battling cancer.
- The program is specifically for those who are currently undergoing, or have recently undergone chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, or other treatments for cancer.
*Ask your Doctor to refer you to Cancer Wellfit®
The program includes a 70 day (10 week) membership for $70.
- 70 day membership for $70.
- Full club access including all group exercise classes.
- Guidance from qualified exercise professionals.
- The program will help you gradually ease back into exercise and back to doing the things you want to do. The exercise will also help to counter any negative side effects from treatment; such as fatigue, muscle weakness, loss of flexibility and balance.
- Small group sessions incorporate strength training, balance, flexibility and cardio exercises based on individual needs. Some gentle yoga and relaxation is also incorporated
“I can’t recommend the Cancer Well-fit Program highly enough. I really think that the pulmonary emboli in both of my lungs–a side-effect of the cancer that hung around unchanged for months–went away because of my increased activity through the Cancer Well-fit program. I learned so much from Elli! Weight lifting has always been a mystery to me and I learned so much about it; our yoga and meditation work has also helped me feel better during my recovery and provided a way to take breaks and refocus during my own dissertation write-up work.” ~ Sue Ann McCarty, 2013
“I want to thank you for the care and concern you demonstrated to me and others in the Cancer Wellfit program. The program has made a real difference in my recovery from prostate cancer as well as in my life. I now feel comfortable about myself and exercising again. If it hadn’t been for you and the program, I don’t know when I would have had to courage to start or how much to push myself.” ~ Robert Walters, 2011
“The Well Fit Program helped me regain my strength and flexibility but more importantly in helped restore my belief that I could fully recover from my cancer treatment. The sessions were very supportive since all of the participants were former cancer patients who understood the difficult challenge of recovering from treatment. The exercises were geared to the recovery level and physical ability of each participant. I encourage any recovering cancer patient to consider signing up for the Well Fit Program.” ~ Thomas Roberts, 2011
“The Cancer Wellfit Program at ACAC is so beneficial to my recovery efforts from metastatic cancer. Patients are treated with respect to their particular stage of the disease and the program is geared accordingly. The combination of strength training and mind/body techniques help me deal with the day-to-day challenges of living with cancer. The instructor is professional, caring and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend the Cancer Wellfit Program to anyone wanting to improve their chances of beating cancer.” ~ Dreama Travis, 2010