Homemade Trail Mix
Great for a snack, for breakfast on-the-run, or to refuel after exercise!
Try varying combinations of cereal, nuts/seeds, and fruit.
- Cheerios/ Toasted Oats
- Puffins/ Crunchy Corn Bran
- Wheaties/ Bran Flakes
- Kashi Cinnamon Harvest/ Shredded Wheat
- Quaker Oatmeal Squares/ Barbara’s Shredded Oats
- Life/ Quaker Oat Bran/ Barbara’s Shredded Spoonfuls
- Look for mostly whole grain cereals that are lower in sugar and fat.
- Roasted soy nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Choose nuts and seeds that are raw or dry-roasted, and either unsalted or lightly salted.
- Dried cranberries, cherries, apple slices, or apple crisps
- Dried (not fried) banana chips
- Dried apricots, pineapple, mango
- Select fruit that has no added sugar or, in the case of cranberries and tart cherries, are lower sugar whenever possible.
Note: Divide into snack-size bags to help control portions.
To browse our recipe collection, click here.