Lifeguard Training Course
American Red Cross
Learn to respond to aquatic emergencies with this comprehensive training. Upon completion participants receive a two-year certification in Lifeguard Training/First Aid, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
Participants must be 15 years old, able to swim 300 yards without rest/ stop, and dive 10’ and retrieve a 10lb. brick, and travel 20 yards on your back carrying the 10 lb. brick.
- Wednesday, March 18 8:30-9:15pm – swim test, issue manual
- Friday, March 20 5:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, March 21 12:30-6:00pm
- Sunday, March 22 12:30-6:00pm
- Friday, March 27 5:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, March 28 12:30-6:00pm
- Wednesday, April 8 8:30-9:15pm – swim test, issue manual
- Sunday, April 12 12:00-6:00pm
- Sunday, April 19 12:00-6:00pm
- Sunday, April 26 12:00-6:00pm
- Last class to be determined (will be May 8, 9, or 10)
Participants must complete 7-10 hours of online study through the Red Cross for a $35 fee in addition to re-cert fee. This must be started 2 weeks prior to training dates.
- Friday, April 17 5:00-9:00pm
- & Saturday, April 18 8:00am-2:30pm
- Friday, May 29 5:00-9:00pm
- & Saturday, May 30 12:30-6:00pm
- Friday, June 19 5:00-9:00pm
- & Saturday, June 20 8:00am-2:00pm
- *RECERT candidates must attend both days (Friday and Saturday) to receive LG certificate.
- Re-certification: Members $120, Non-members $155
- Full Certification: Members $300, Non-Members $350
- Please contact: Donna Dufoe at 484.574.0074 – Text your name and email. Times may be adjusted slightly to accommodate the participants. Candidates must attend the full course.
- What to bring: towel, writing utensil, snacks or cash for Trackside Café
- What to wear: bathing suit, cover-ups
- Register at Member Services or call 610.431.7000 or email Donna, email@example.com