Important Updates for Club Members
Club Updates & Online Maintenance Week December 9 – 16
Thank you for your continued support as we transition the club to the acac brand. In addition to some of the outward changes you are beginning to see, there has been a great deal of behind-the-scenes activity. We’d like to share some updates that have taken place over the past quarter, as well as some improvements that will occur in the months ahead:
- Purchased $125,000 of new fitness equipment during the club maintenance week in August.
- We will purchase another $100,000 of fitness equipment at the beginning of 2016.
- Changed the Kids Zone staffing model to have 2 team members on most of the time, increasing safety and engagement opportunities with the children.
- Purchased $1,200 of toys and bouncy seats for the infant room and a train set for the older children in the Kids Zone.
- We will renovate and increase the square footage of the Kids Zone in early 2016.
- Increased the number of lifeguards on duty at all times to two for added safety.
- Bought two eye wash stations for the chemical rooms in the aquatics center.
- Purchased a pool vacuum so that we can clean the pools at night instead of during the day.
Health & Safety
- We now provide free CPR/AED training for all team members. This certification is a requirement to work in our club.
- All Department Heads and Managers on Duty will receive additional First Aid training.
- We are installing a key lock system for the AEDs that will alert team members to an emergency when the unit is pulled off the wall.
- Added six more Gym Wipe stations to the fitness floor in advance of flu season.
Behind the Scenes
- Every team member received an official work email account to improve company communication. Part-time team members will no longer need to use a private account to conduct club business.
- Team members eligible for insurance benefits now have access to better plan coverage.
New Medical Fitness Program
- We will introduce p.r.e.p., acac’s physician referred exercise program, in December. We welcome back nurse Steve Bonwit to spearhead this nationally recognized program in the club.
- We will make updates to enhance and improve the locker rooms in 2016.
Much of the work that must occur at this stage is related to IT and accounting operations. To make the transition to acac systems, we will be performing an online maintenance week from December 9 – 16. There will be an interruption to some of the member online services, including online access to account information and program registration. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. If you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 410-453-9111 in Timonium and 410-584-7888 in Hunt Valley. We hope to recreate those services as quickly as possible and will keep you informed of our progress.
The new club website is acac.com, and the schedule of group classes and instructors is now available online. Beginning January 18, 2016, members will have the ability to reserve a space in select barre and spin classes ahead of time. Class reservations will be handled through a special booking site. Please visit baltimorebookings.acac.com to create a class reservation account prior to January 1. There is also a link to this site from the Timonium group exercise schedule page. We will provide additional information about class reservations in the coming weeks.
Lastly, we are excited to welcome Tim Rhode to his new role at acac’s management company. He begins this week as a corporate trainer. We are pleased to have him on board!
If you have additional questions or would like to learn more about future club plans, we invite you to join us for an upcoming Coffee Chat in the Timonium club with Phil Wendel, acac’s owner, or Greg Wells, CEO.
- December 4 at 11am with Greg Wells, CEO
- December 9 at 11am and 5pm with Phil Wendel, acac owner
We are looking forward to a wonderful year ahead together! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.