Recipe for Romance
Simple, decadent and loaded with healthy antioxidants, chocolate-covered berries are a classic Valentine’s Day gift from — and for — the heart! Follow these tips to dip like the pros:
– Choose an array of firm berries with no blemishes.
– Clean berries, and then dry thoroughly. (The chocolate won’t stick if they aren’t completely dry.)
– Choose a quality chocolate and melt in the microwave, stirring in 30-second intervals until smooth, or a double boiler. Take care to avoid getting any drops of water in the chocolate, as it will seize and not be dippable.
– Insert a toothpick into the stem end of each berry. Dip berry into the chocolate, allowing chocolate to drip off the end. Stick toothpicks into a piece of Styrofoam (or a pineapple!) to dry.
– Keep berries in the fridge — not freezer — until thoroughly dry. Present on a platter or place each berry in a cupcake wrapper and arrange in a gift box.
Hungry for more nutrition tips? Contact Margaret Moses, RD, MBA, LDN at email@example.com or 610.431.7000.