Thank you, Carol!
Thank you, Carol!
Retirement, according to resources, is defined as “withdrawing from one’s position or occupation or go to bed especially for privacy.” Over three years ago, I decided to retire. I was over 65, so I decided it’s time to take it easy. I sat back in my rocking chair, read until 3:00 AM, slept until noon, and sometimes didn’t leave my house for days at a time. Well, after a fall “up” my stairs, x-rays, an MRI, and a complete physical; I was informed of a small tear in my shoulder and lots of arthritis — no wonder I couldn’t raise up my arm! In my active life, I was a member of acac so I made a call about rejoining. Within a couple of days, I was scheduled to meet with Carol. (I have to say, I can’t remember the first person I spoke with on that phone, but want to say thanks to her for setting me up with the perfect personal trainer!) I’ve now been working with Carol in the water for over a month and not only is my shoulder getting better, but I’m stronger in my core. My life is happier! I’m seeing my body change for the better with clothes getting too big. I actually had a pair of sweat shorts totally fall off on the floor. To be such a little “Pixie,” Carol has had a monstrous effect on my life. I will continue sessions with her and intend to venture out to other classes. I actually feel better about myself than I have in years! Thank you, Carol and acac. – Joan Talley
Bio & Schedule
Monday | 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday | 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday | 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday | 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday | 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
Weekends | By appointment
Small Group Training Sessions:
Sessions schedule coming soon!
- Using water as a medium to promoted increased aerobic fitness levels
- Strength gains & mobility
- Training to improve clients’ overall quality of life
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
- Fitour Aquatics Instructor
- Began Personal Training in 2013, Began Aquatics Personal Training in 2014, Tennis Instructor, Assistant Athletic Director
- Ph.D., ABD Social Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University
- M.S. Exercise Physiology, Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.S. Physical Education, James Madison University