Chicken Citrus Salad
Put some spring into your salad to celebrate the season or for your Easter holiday meal.
Makes: 4 (2 cup) servings
- 4 cups each of baby spinach and mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, cleaned and top removed
- 1 cans (15 oz) mandarin orange segments, packed in water or fruit juice and drained
- 8 oz. sugar snaps peas, halved
- 6 oz. roasted chicken breast, cut & cubed
- ½ cup toasted pecan halves
- ½ cup reduced fat Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix together.
- Serve immediately or reserve the pecans and vinaigrette and toss in just before serving.
Nutrition information per serving: 310 calories, 16 g. fat ( 4 g. sat. fat ), 28 g. carbohydrate, 8 g. fiber, 16 g. protein, 50% D.V. vitamin A, 180% D.V. vitamin C Per portion: 1 Veg / 2 Fruit / 1 Protein / 2 Fat equivalents
Source: Kraft Food and Family, Spring 2005.