Health and Wellness
acac Fitness Specialist Pete Cross spoke with Les Sinclair on 1070 WINA yesterday to talk about health and wellness for an aging society. The segment is sponsored by our friends at the Senior Center!
Take a listen to the podcast: http://wina.com/podcasts/pete-cross/
- The fallacy of year-long resolutions (they should be daily resolutions to be achievable!)
- Getting our bodies MOVING, with less sitting daily
- The ACAC PREP program as a way to begin exercising in a safe, social environment
- Ways to fight off the loss of muscle mass that begins around the 40’s and accelerates after 70
- Keeping an independent life style by maintaining one’s strength in the quadriceps so one can continue to get out of a chair and off the toilet without assistance…and out of assisted living facilities!