plank pike exercise
Plank Pike Exercise
Looking for a quick, effective exercise to work your arms, shoulders, back, legs, glutes, and abdominals? Rachel O’Neill explains how to perform the Plank Pike to do just that.
1. Start in plank position with your wrists directly beneath your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart. Make sure that your body is in a completely straight line from your shoulders to ankles.
2. Tighten your abs and raise your hips into the air as high as possible. Your body should be in an inverted V position. Pause for a moment at the top before lowering back into the starting position.
1. Do not allow your back to round at any point.
2. Squeeze your abs and glutes to maintain stability throughout the entire exercise.
3. Keep your head in line with your spine.