#SweatYourBest with Martha L.
- What Group Exercise classes do you teach?
Balance Foundations, Stretch, Deep Waves, and Aqua Strength
- How long have you been teaching Group Exercise classes?
“I grew up doing ballet and took Dance Aerobics classes in the 80’s. One of the instructors in my Dance Aerobics class approached me and asked if I’d ever thought about teaching. I’ve taught on and off since then.”
- How did you get into teaching Group Exercise?
“I hadn’t thought much about it until I was approached by one of the instructors in my Dance Aerobics class. I worked in HR and then became a Physical Education teacher for Albemarle County, so I’ve always been comfortable in front of people.”
- What’s your favorite part about teaching Group Exercise?
“My enthusiasm has always been one of my biggest strengths. As such, I try to make it fun for people and instill that same enthusiasm for movement so they will want to come back!”
- If someone is new to acac or new to your class, what would you want them to know about Group Exercise?
“You need to do what you’re comfortable with also working to progress. I try to make my classes as un-intimidating as possible and provide a lot of support for class participants.”
- What do you love most about working at acac?
“That we’re a community oriented place. Not everyone looks the same, but we’re all working toward a common goal of better health and wellness.”
Click here to view the Group Exercise schedule.
#acacCharlottesville #acacAlbemarleSquare #SweatYourBest