“If you need a drill sergeant or task master to make you exercise, I suppose Dale could do that for you. But what Dale has for me, along with a vast amount of knowledge, is empathy and the willingness to listen. Also, the patience to explain, over and over if needed, why the correct form is as important as the actual exercise.
Under Dale’s guidance I am building strength, losing weight, and gaining flexibility, all so important to any body and especially to my aging body. I have never been one for exercise for the sake of it but with Dale’s help I have come to look forward to working out and have learned that, whatever kind of day I am having or have had, it will be better after my workout.
Summing up, why not have fun when you exercise? It’s as good for you as sleep and almost as easy to do!
In good health
Bio & Schedule
Hey, I’m Dale!
I started personal training in January 2014 at West Side Athletic Club in Currituck, North Carolina. There, I coached group exercise classes and personal training with an emphasis on tennis conditioning. That summer, I created Lifeguard Beach Body, which was a beach bootcamp style workout conducted for small groups in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
When I moved to Wilmington, North Carolina, for college, I started working at Orange Theory Fitness. I also got a job at RipXFit, which is an Obstacle Course Race specific, bilingual Spanish-English gym. There, I shadowed under the owner, Jean Pierre Saintard, who has more than 15 years of experience as a personal trainer and was a nationally competitive Spartan racer. He taught me numerous assisted stretching to help people release tightness in there muscles by applying pressure and using the PNF technique. At RipXFit, I coached small groups on OCR techniques, strategy, nutrition, and equipment. I also competed in the Spartan Sprint at Fort Bragg, NC, finishing in the top 25% of men in the elite heat.
In August of 2017, I was offered a position at acac Fitness & Wellness Center, and I train clients here privately and in small groups!
My interest in fitness began in 2010 when I got a job lifeguarding for Kitty Hawk Ocean Rescue in the Outer Banks. Since Ocean Rescue is part of the Kitty Hawk Fire Department, I was able to use the gym at the fire station. I started bodybuilding exercises and interval training on my own, and learned ways of training from the other lifeguards who included collegiate swimmers, runners, and water polo players. We all exercised together twice a week as a team at a very high intensity to prepare for rescues. The workouts were often race based, and that’s where I became competitive. I made 39 water rescues in the 4 summers I worked at KHOR! I also was able to help train Secret Service professionals in ocean rescue.
Monday | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday | 9:00 am – 12:00 p.m., 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Weekends | By appointment
- Training men and women, 45+
- Weight loss
- Posture training for improved quality of life or pain reduction
- Cross-training for skateboarders, dancers, vocalists, musicians, mountain climbers, and surfers
- Training to recover from knee injuries
- Training for (pre)-osteoporotic individuals
- Racket sport strengthening for power and injury prevention
- Gaining muscle
- Assisted stretching
- AS, College of the Albemarle
- Arizona State University – Engineering
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer
- The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Red Cross AED & CPR Certified
- Largest weight loss success was a client I trained who lost nearly 60 pounds in a year.
- Training and working with clients who have hip replacements, shoulder cuff injuries, and cardiac difficulties.
- I’ve trained many men and women over 50 years of age and am familiar with training specifics for this age range.
- Paperless service.