By now, if you’ve been following along, you all know I love journaling. Today, I have a bit of a writing prompt for you; I want you to write a letter to your body. It can be a love letter, an apology, or it can be a gratitude letter. Just remember to be kind to yourself!
Below is mine:
You are my sacred place. You are my temple.
I vow to continually work towards better understanding your innate wisdom for healing yourself.
I will try to better listen to your asking for nourishment and fuel, your requests for gentle or strenuous movement, your pleas for rest, recovery, and quiet time for meditation, your requests to stretch gently or sleep a bit longer.
I will work towards leaving my ego and societal ideas about what health should look like at the door and more carefully listening to your deep and boundless knowledge…
Bio & Schedule
Monday | 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
Tuesday | 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Wednesday | 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
Thursday | 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Friday | by appointment only
Saturday | by appointment only
Small Group Training Sessions:
Live Your BeYOUtiful with Ellen and Pam (Perviously BeYOUtiful You with Ellen, Shannon, and Pam)
A quarterly (January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December) biweekly (Six 90-minute sessions in each 3-month period) group that combines health coaching with personal training to help you create positive health behaviors through intentional mindset shifts to love your body from the inside out.
- Workouts and coaching with a focus on confidence, self-love, and body positivity
- Injury prevention and “prehab” and/or post-rehab injury recovery, particularly for weightlifters and runners
- Strength training that fits with an outdoor lifestyle using little or no equipment (hiking, running, biking, kayaking, etc.)
- Corrective exercise techniques for experienced weightlifters
- Strength training for beginners
- Strength and balance training for active aging
- Core strengthening, balance, and stability work for all ages
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Health Coach
- M.S. in Nutrition & Physical Activity, James Madison University, Class of 2018
- B.A. in Kinesiology & Heath Sciences and Gender, Sexuality, & Women’s Studies, The College of William & Mary, Class of 2016
- Certified Personal Trainer at acac since May 2016
- Graduate Assistant at the Morrison Bruce Center at James Madison University, October 2017-May 2018
- Certified Personal Trainer at The College of William & Mary Student Recreation Center, April 2015-May 2016