It’s been a while since I’ve done a post about some of my personal experiences and my own journey with health and wellness. So here’s what’s been banging around in my head lately.
I’ve written before on here about my past (and to some degree, they will always be current) issues with eating and body image, but the ways in which I am talking about them and identifying with them have changed over time. I’ve also written on here about my tendency towards plant-based eating, but again, the ways in which I am talking about and identifying with this have shifted recently and are still in flux.View Blog
Bio & Schedule
Personal Training and Health Coaching Availability:
Monday | 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
Tuesday | 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Wednesday | 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
Thursday | 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday | 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
Saturday | by appointment only
Intuitive Eating and Intuitive Movement Workshops with Ellen Penn Berry & Pamela Finney
(a revamp/continuation of both the Live Your BeYOUtiful with Ellen and Pam & BeYOUtiful You with Ellen, Shannon, and Pam series)
Location: acac Albemarle Square conference room
Dates: Specified Saturdays, see link for full listing
Cost: $75 per session for both Members and Non-Members
Intuitive Eating: 6 Obstacles Keeping You from Feeling Your Best!
This 3-hour workshop focuses on what to do when you’re tired of dieting and want to be healthy. We cover the myths, mistakes, and misconceptions surrounding nutrition in our modern world. Come join us for activities, discussion, a supportive community, and a plan to truly enjoy food unencumbered by guilt. There are now over 100 research studies showing the benefits of Intuitive Eating including: improvements in metabolic markers, activity levels, eating behaviors, and psychological health.
Intuitive Movement: Finding the BEST (and actually enjoyable) exercise for you!
This 3-hour workshop focuses on finding an exercise routine built specifically for your body and mind. We cover the myths, mistakes, and misconceptions surrounding fitness in our modern world. Come join us for activities, movement, discussion, a supportive community, and a plan to truly enjoy your movement practice. Content is geared towards all bodies, both the overwhelmed new exerciser and the experienced exerciser not getting the results they want. Benefits of Intuitive Movement include reduced pain, increased energy, and improved psychological health.
Click here for more information.
Training and Coaching emphasis
- Workouts and coaching with a focus on building confidence, self-love, and self-efficacy for all ages/populations
- —Available for but NOT EXCLUSIVE to those with body image or disordered eating concerns
- —Utilizing concepts such as body-positivity, body-neutrality, and in accordance with the HAES (Healthy at Every Size) principles
- —Anti-diet approach to nutrition
- Strength training for outdoor athletes or those with an outdoor-centric lifestyle (hiking, running, cycling, canoeing, kayaking, etc.)
- Injury prevention or continued recovery through stretching and mobility work
- Work with older adults and the active aging population to maintain good movement mechanics for years to come, especially focusing on balance
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Health Coach
- M.S. in Nutrition & Physical Activity, James Madison University, Class of 2018
- B.A. in Kinesiology & Health Sciences and Gender, Sexuality, & Women’s Studies, The College of William & Mary, Class of 2016
- Certified Personal Trainer at acac since May 2016
- Graduate Assistant at the Morrison Bruce Center at James Madison University, October 2017-May 2018
- Certified Personal Trainer at The College of William & Mary Student Recreation Center, April 2015-May 2016