5 Major Benefits for Older Adults Who Exercise
Older adults who exercise enjoy many health benefits!
Debra Hein, a personal trainer at acac Germantown, shares five important benefits of exercise her older adult clients enjoy as part of their workouts together:
- Stay sharp as a tack! Increased brain function and cognitive thinking.
- Stay strong! Reduced risk of sarcopenia, or age-related muscle mass loss.
- Stay mobile! Reduced symptoms of arthritis.
- Stay balanced! Better balance and muscle strength mean reduced risk of falling.
- Stay heart healthy! A good cardiovascular training program reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
To learn more about how Exercise is Power for older adults, watch this great informational video below: