Strength over Cardio, Revisited
I’d like to just give you a few bullet point style things to ruminate on during this bonkers year.
- broken bones are very annoying, painful and limiting.
- not breaking them is probably a good idea.
- bones break when the forces acting upon them are greater than your ability to resist force.
With me so far? Here’s batch two of two.
- ‘your ability to resist force’ is more easily described as ‘strength’.
- having more strength means less broken bones.
- unless you’re recovering from a long period of being immobile, cardio does nothing to make you stronger.
The obvious final point: do not only do cardio. You are vulnerable if you do.
Resistance training is your friend.