Meditation and Mindfulness Resources
Originally Published: Mar 17, 2020
Meditation is not just for yogis.
Taking time to slow down, focus, and redirect your thoughts has been proven to aid our physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Benefits of meditation include:
- reduced stress and improved immune health
- improved emotional health and outlook on life
- lengthened attention span
- reduced age-related memory decline
- improved quality of sleep
- chronic pain control
In a time of crisis and fear, it is imperative to ease your mental state and keep your nervous system calm. Your immune system needs your help not only by eating and exercising, but also by using time every day to attend to the health of your mind.
acac meditation expert Leslie Greiner shares her top mindfulness and meditation tools:
- Insight Timer: meditation music, guided meditation, and a customizable meditation timer. Free library with option to purchase premium content.
- Aura: provides 3-minute daily meditations and allows you to track your mood and help you figure out optimal times to meditate. Free 1-week trial.
- Stop, Breathe, & Think: meditations, breathing practice, and mindfulness education. Free library with option to purchase premium content.
- Headspace: mindfulness made simple, teaching you life-changing mindfulness skills in just a few minutes a day. Free 1-week trial.
- 10% Happierby Dan Harris: “An enormously smart, clear-eyed, brave-hearted, and quite personal look at the benefits of meditation.”
- The Untethered Soulby Michael A. Singer: discover what you can do to put an end to habitual thoughts and emotions that limit your consciousness.
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn: mindfulness meditation in everyday life
- The Four Agreementsby Don Miguel Ruiz: dive into the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering.
- Visit The Omega Institute for Holistic Studies’s YouTube channel for resources on yoga, family, leadership, and more.
Meditative Music to Calm the Mind
- Visit YellowBrickCinema on Youtube for livestreams with meditation music available 24/7.
Resources for Children
- Carrots are Orange is the ultimate guide to mindfulness for kids. This site offers everything from mindfulness 101 to breathing exercises, children’s books, and more.