Parking Solutions for acac Downtown
Originally Published: Feb 14, 2020
The parking lot adjacent to acac Downtown on the corner of Gleason St. and Garrett St. will close in March for the construction of the Garrett Street office development.
There will be temporary parking displacement while a new, covered and secured parking structure is completed. Our team has worked tirelessly to find alternate parking solutions to make your workouts convenient and seamless during construction. Please see below for more information on our convenient parking solutions.
Enhanced Valet Parking
Multiple parking locations surrounding the club have been secured by acac exclusively for the use of member valet for up to 2.5 hours daily while using the club. acac is adding additional manpower to our valet staff to expedite service. Two valet parking kiosks will be available 6 days per week, located (1) near the front entrance to the club on the main parking deck and (2) on Gleason Street near Physical Therapy. Look for the green valet flags to locate drop-off areas!
Front Entrance Valet Hours
Monday – Friday | 8:30am – 1:00pm
Monday – Friday | 4:00 – 7:30pm
Physical Therapy Entrance Valet Hours
Monday – Friday | 8:30am – 7:30pm
Saturday | 8:30am – 1:00pm
Did you know:
- Valet parking is 100% complimentary – no payment or tipping required.
- Valet service is provided by Lenoir Enterprise which is fully licensed, bonded and insured.
- It’s okay to valet near the end of service time. Have a class that ends at 2:00pm but valet service is listed to end at 1:00pm? That’s okay! You are welcome to use valet to park your vehicle — and the valet service will drop your keys at the front desk for you to pick-up after class. Vehicles that are parked near the end of valet service will be given priority for parking in the underground lot directly below the parking deck, so you’ll never need to travel far to retrieve your car.
- No time to wait for valet to return your vehicle to you? No problem. A valet representative can direct you to the location of your parked vehicle for self-pick-up or you can text the valet up to 15 minutes in advance of pick up!
- Please be prepared to show your acac keytag to validate valet services. The use of valet is limited to 2.5 hours daily.
Please note: Additional parking spaces in the surrounding businesses are for use of valet parking only. acac is not responsible for any lost or stolen property, or towing fees that apply from parking without the aid of valet.
Valet hours and offerings are subject to change. For the latest updates regarding valet, stay tuned to this webpage, your weekly Friday Updates, and our Facebook page.
Self-Park Saturdays in the Lower Lot
Every Saturday between 8:30am – 1:00pm, an acac attendant will be present to facilitate members self-parking in the lower parking garage directly underneath the main parking deck. The entrance to this parking garage is on Monticello Ave. Members must show keytag for access. Self-parking options in the lower parking garage and main parking deck are limited to 2.5 hours daily while using the club.
Walk / Bike / Carpool Incentive
Why not make the trip to the club a chance to warm-up before your workout? You could burn an additional 150-300 calories as a bonus! Each time you decide to walk, bike, jog, scooter or carpool instead of park, you may enter the raffle drawing at the Member Service desk for your chance to win a prize.
Additional Bike Support
Two additional bicycle racks have been added to the front of the building to secure your ride.
Visit our Sister Clubs
Members are welcome to use the clubs at acac Crozet, Pantops or Albemarle Square for their workouts. Both acac Pantops and Crozet offer 24/7 access with member keytag.
Switch up your routine to become a lunch-break exerciser, or night owl! Our check-in traffic is heaviest on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from 7:00am – 12:00pm.
Thank you for your patience during this transition. We will continue to monitor our traffic and parking needs, and make any necessary adjustments to ensure a smooth experience for our members! Stay tuned to this webpage, your weekly Friday Updates, and our Facebook page for further updates.