Turkey Taco Skillet
Originally Published: Mar 13, 2020
Add some spice to your life with this taco-inspired dish!
This Turkey Taco Skillet uses common household ingredients for a warm comfort meal. No turkey? Substitute a different protein instead.
by Sarah Frazier, acac Timonium p.r.e.p. director
Homemade taco seasoning:
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-10 oz can diced tomatoes with or without green chilis
- 1-15 oz can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 bunch green onions
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the homemade taco seasoning and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and ground turkey to a large skillet and cook over medium heat, breaking it into small pieces as you go.
- While the turkey is cooking, cut up the yellow onion. Add the onion to the skillet and continue to stir and cook until the onion is soft. Add the taco seasoning, stir, and continue to cook for about 1 – 2 more minutes.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add them to the skillet with the tomatoes and corn and stir to combine. Cook until heated through.
- Stir in the green onions and serve warm!