10 Motivational Quotes We Swear By
When you’re working towards a health goal, struggles, slip-ups and set-backs are inevitable. Even our own team of fitness professionals is not immune! That’s why we asked 10 team acac members to share the tried-and-true advice (some borrowed) that helps them get through a tough workout. Give them a read, they just might help you, too!
1. “Take a deep breath, re-focus, and remember why you started.” – Drea S. | acac Member Services Associate
What it means to Drea: It’s about digging deep in the moments you want to give up most and pushing past them.
Use it when: You’ve hit mile 7 of your first 15K race.
2. “The hardest part will always be getting to the front door.” – Katie S. | acac p.r.e.p.® Director
What it means to Katie: There will always be distractions on the path to accomplishing a goal — you deserve to put yourself, and your health, first!
Use it when: The weather outside tempts you to skip your workout and stay home instead.
3. “Nobody owes nobody nothin’. You owe yourself.” -Jarek M. (via Rocky Balboa, Rocky III) | acac p.r.e.p.® Fitness Coordinator
What it means to Jarek: It’s about not worrying what others around you are doing, and just focusing on being a better version of yourself than you were yesterday.
Use it when: You’re feeling down about being the least coordinated person in the group exercise class.
4. “All you can do is control the controllables.” -Steve B. | acac Registered Nurse
What it means to Steve: Using your energy to focus on the things you can change, and letting go of the things you can’t.
Use it when: You’re just getting back to exercise after an injury.
5. “Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all.” -Francene S. (via Hellen Keller) | acac Cafe Associate
What it means to Francene: It’s about seizing the moment and having FUN with everything you do!
Use it when: You’re contemplating trying that aerial yoga, or hip-hop cardio class.
6. “You are more than this one event.” -Melinda C. | acac Personal Trainer
What it means to Melinda: It’s a gentle reminder to not dwell on your bad days. Having a bad day is a choice, having a good day can be one, too.
Use it when: You’ve been eating right and exercising but the scale isn’t showing it.
7. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” -Meghan H. (via a Chinese proverb) | acac Marketing Director
What it means to Meghan: It’s about letting go of the past and honoring where you are right now.
Use it when: You’re getting back into exercise after some time away.
8. “All foods fit.” – Sarah F. | acac Nutritionist
What it means to Sarah: It’s a reminder that, with moderation, all foods can fit into a healthy diet. If you truly love it, make room for it, and enjoy!
Use it when: You’re making dinner plans for your next special occasion.
9. “Pain is weakness leaving the body.” -Carlos D. (via U.S. Marine Corps) | acac Personal Trainer
What it means to Carlos: Realizing that they’re called “growing pains” for a reason. If you’re not uncomfortable, you’re not growing.
Use it when: You’re about to start a new routine using heavier weights.
10. “The bad ones don’t count.” -Karen A. | acac Aquatic Personal Trainer
What it means to Karen: I tell my clients to put 100% effort into each exercise. Everyone’s 100% looks different, but it’s the effort that counts.
Use it when: You don’t want your trainer to make you do another set!
Looking for additional motivation and guidance? Our qualified and dedicated personal training team is standing by to help you reach your goals!
Contact the nearest club to find a trainer today.