A recent Japanese study has suggested that more plant protein may be tied to a longer life.
Try this vegetarian “chicken” salad to incorporate meatless meals into your schedule.
by Sarah Frazier, acac Timonium p.r.e.p. director
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
. . .
- Add the chickpeas, greek yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until well combined. Scrape down the edges periodically and feel free to leave the chickpeas as whole or crushed as you would like!
- Stir in the celery and red onion. Let sit and chill for a little while to let the flavors meld.
- Serve on whole wheat bread, in a wrap, or over a bed of lettuce!