Easy Egg Casserole
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
This easy egg casserole is perfect for a large group or make ahead breakfast for the week!
by Sarah Frazier, acac Timonium p.r.e.p. director
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
. . .
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a little olive oil and cook the bell peppers and onions until soft and cooked through, adding salt and pepper if desired. At the very end, add the spinach and let it wilt. Take the veggies off the heat and spread evenly at the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and 1/4 cup of the cheese using a mixer, whisk, or fork. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetable layer in the casserole dish. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.