Healthy Food Swaps for Holidays & Every Day
‘Tis the season for holiday parties, seasonal lattes, and cookie exchanges galore.
Have no fear—you don’t need to skip out on these activities entirely. Check out Dr. Degnan‘s list below for easy ways to reduce calories where you can so you can enjoy more of the special foods of the season, and still maintain a healthy weight!
- Eat whole fruits instead of drinking fruit juices. You will consume fewer calories and generally eat less sugar.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream or low fat milk. It has healthy probiotics, fewer calories, and less fat.
- Use oil and balsamic vinegar instead of processed dressings which are high in calories and additives.
- Use cinnamon instead of sugar. It has fewer calories and is high in antioxidants.
- Choose brown rice and whole grain bread over white rice / bread. It has higher fiber and produces less inflammation.
- Use salsa instead of heavy cream-based dips for dipping.
Ask your local p.r.e.p. team for a skinny seasonal spirits recipe card and list of ingredient substitutions to make your holiday season healthier and happier.