You’ve heard about the benefits of working out with others, including accountability, motivation, and FUN! Give these partner exercises a try. If you have any questions or would like to learn more, ask any acac Fitness Specialist.
- Grab some dense tubing (like bike tire tubing) & wrap around your partner’s waist.
- Resist as they try to move sideways, forwards, and/or backwards.
Standing Chest Pass
- Toss a medicine ball, pushing it away from your chest like a basketball chest pass.
- Toss the ball back and forth.
Partner crunches with medicine ball toss
- Perform an abdominal crunch holding a medicine ball.
- Toss the ball to your partner when you reach the top.
- Hold your crunch until your partner throws the ball back.
- Lower and repeat.
Medicine ball slams
- Lift a medicine ball overhead.
- Slam the ball to the ground in a bounce-pass motion.
- Once your partner catches, they return the ball back to you.
- Have your partner stand over your head.
- Place your hands on the back of their ankles.
- Have partner push your legs downward as you try to stop the momentum.
Medicine ball rotations (sitting or standing)
- Stand or sit back to back.
- With a medicine ball, rotate and pass the ball while maintaining contact with the back of your partner.
- Make sure to repeat passing both directions.
- Hold partner’s ankles while they are holding plank on forearms.
- For an extra challenge, have partner push up to hands and walking like they are a wheelbarrow!
Contact a Personal Trainer in your city for even more partner exercise ideas.