snow shoveling tips
It’s officially winter! Here are a few snow shoveling tips for you…
- Do not shovel after eating or while smoking.
- Dress appropriately and in layers.
- Wear shoes or boots with good treads.
- Spread sand, rock salt, or kitty litter on your driveway or sidewalk to increase traction.
- Take it slow and stretch out before you begin.
- Use a sturdy shovel.
- Push the snow rather than lifting it.
- If you do lift it, use a small shovel or only partially fill the shovel and lift with your legs, not your back.
- Do not work to the point of exhaustion.
- Rest when needed and hydrate.
- Don’t shovel without a doctor’s permission if you have a history of heart disease.