The Importance of Strength Training
Strength training is for everybody!
It isn’t about ‘bulking up’ or any specific physique goal: strength training is about protecting your mobility as you age. acac Medical Director, Dr. Greg Degnan, shares five benefits of strength training.
- Makes losing weight and maintaining weight loss easier. Weight training has significant positive effects on metabolism.
- Promotes bone health and helps prevent bone and muscle loss with aging.
- Boosts energy levels and improves mood.
- Improves strength and decreases risk of fall in elderly.
- Helps develop better body mechanics and thus lessens risk of injury with daily activities.
. . .
p.r.e.p. Member Magic
Spot the “Healthy Elfy” in the p.r.e.p. area and try his exercises! Participants will receive a prize upon completion.