Top 10 Reasons to Include Aquatics in Your Workout Routine
Are you looking for something new to add to your workout routine? Think about adding the pool to your schedule! With many added benefits that you can’t get on the fitness floor, the pool can be a welcome change to any routine.
The benefits of using the pools are endless, but here are a few to get you started:
- Lap Swimming – Swimming laps is a great way to get in a non-impact cardio workout that is easy on your joints and your muscles.
- Aqua Jogging – Recently suffered an impact injury? Keep up your running routine throughout recovery with the implementation of an aqua jogging schedule.
- Aqua Classes – acac offers a wide range of shallow water, deep water and warm water aquatics classes. With such a variety of classes, you’re bound to find something fun and engaging that interests you.
- Resistance Training – The pool offers a completely different type of resistance than you can find on the fitness floor, all while avoiding undue stress on the joints.
- Balance Training – Balance training can be even better if you take it to the pool! Balancing in the pool provides a safe challenge using the resistance of the water to make your workout harder. You can also push yourself a little farther knowing that you don’t risk a fall.
- Core Training – By adding in a noodle or other pool accessories, you can maximize your core training without having to worry about getting up and down off of the floor like you would on the land.
- Squats and Lunges – Do you struggle with squats and lunges? The pool is a great way to ease yourself into some difficult movements without the worry of falling, all while reducing pressure on the joints.
- Stretching – Relax your muscles in the warm water pool to enjoy greater range of motion and increased flexibility.
- Variety – If you’re getting tired of your old workout routine, throw in a lap swim once or twice a week to mix it up! If you don’t know how to swim or need some brushing up, sign up to take swim lessons with one of our certified instructors.
- Family Time – The pool is great for members of all ages! Kids love it, too. Keep the whole family active by signing up for swim lessons together. We also have family time almost every day in our pools so that you can get active together in a fun, safe way!
Interested in lessons or want to check out the pool schedule for your location? Choose one of the locations below: