Top 10 Reasons for Personal Training as We Age
There are so many reasons to work out with a personal trainer, especially as we age.
Joshua Zeigler, a personal trainer at acac Short Pump, shares his top reasons along with the top reasons his clients say they train.
Joshua’s top 5 reasons:
- Reduce health care cost
- Maintain independence
- Better quality of life
- Help with balance and fall prevention
- Improve ability to perform daily tasks
Top 5 reasons Joshua’s clients train with him:
- “I want to be able to get up off the sofa without having to use my arms to assist.”
- “I want to be able to get down on the floor to play with my grandchildren.” (And back up again with ease)
- “I’m planning a trip and want to be able to do all the activities.”
- “I am going to have a knee replacement and want to prepare for surgery and then resume activity after the operation.”
- “In 20 years I want to be able to use the bathroom by myself.”
Research indicates that muscular fitness is the single most powerful determinant in maintaining functional independence and preventing chronic disease. Watch the video below to learn more about essential exercise routines as we age.