2018 acac tri challenge
March 12th – April 11th
26.2 miles | Run/Walk
112 miles | Bike/Elliptical
2.4 miles | Swim/Row
This 31 day event encourages participants to accomplish the total mileage covered in an actual ironman triathlon. All participants who register by March 10 will receive a 50-minute personal training session and those who complete the challenge will be entered to
win a $100 Visa gift card in honor of their heroic feat!
Registration: $15; Sign up online.
• $15 entry fee per participant.
• Registration required; sign up online at acac.com under programs.
• Challenge is open to members and non-members.
• Ages 9-12 must participate along with a parent and only after a fitness orientation
with an acac team member. Ages 13+ may participate by themselves after a fitness
• All participants who register by March 10 will get a 50-minute personal training session.
All participants will recieve weekly e-mail helpful tips and information from personal
trainer, Chris F. and nutrition tips from p.r.e.p. Director, Sarah F.
• The challenge begins March 12th and ends April 11th. All activities must be completed
within the timeframe.
• At the start of the Challenge, each participant will have an activity log sheet provided
for them in a filing box at the fitness desk. Log sheets may be taken home, but workouts
must be initialed the day of completion by a team member. When you have completed
the challenge, place your sheet in the “challenge completed” section of the filing box.
• All activities for the challenge must be completed inside acac Timonium and/or Hunt
Valley. Outside activities do not count toward the challenge.
• All three activities must be completed in full:
26.2 miles – Run OR Walk
112 miles – Bike OR Elliptical
2.4 miles – Swim (173 laps*) OR Row (3,862 meters/40km)
*1 lap = 1 length of the pool from one side to the other
• Cycle classes may count towards your total, but all other activities must be logged on
the fitness floor or in the pool.
Individuals who complete the acac TRI Challenge will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift