Quick Tips for a Waste-Free Lunchbox
Save close to $250 per child over the school year with these quick tips from Margaret Moses, RD!
- Use reusable containers and snack bags like Klip-It Lunch Cubes and dishwasher-safe LunchSkins.
- Buy yogurt, applesauce, nuts, chips, carrots, etc. in bulk instead of single serve packs.
- Choose PeopleTowels or make your own cute mini napkins from old t-shirts or sheets in place of paper towels or napkins.
- Most plastic baggies are NOT recyclable; consider wrapping sandwiches in aluminum foil, which is easily recyclable.
- Try non-glass reusable bottles for water and juice to avoid throw-away water bottles, juice boxes, and pouches.
Don’t miss our back to school nutrition special! The new school year is a great time to get back on track with healthy lifestyle habits for you and your family. Join acac nutritionist and registered dietitian Margaret Moses for a back to school nutrition special that includes:
– recipes for family meals
– school lunch and healthy snack ideas
– complimentary family nutrition sessions (September 4 – September 18)
Contact Margaret to sign up or to learn more.