The Spa at ACAC
Open to the public – you don’t have to be an acac Member to enjoy a day at the Spa. Choose spa massage and various spa treatments at our Spa. Also, enjoy free childcare during your appointment when Kids Zone is open (limit 2.5 hours/day) & receive a complimentary day pass to acac fitness club for the day of your appointment.
Cryotherapy provokes vasoconstriction (the constriction of bloodvessels, which increases blood pressure). It is followed by vasodilation …More info
Cryotherapy provokes vasoconstriction (the constriction of blood
vessels, which increases blood pressure). It is followed by vasodilation (the dilation of blood vessels that decrease blood pressure) as the body reheats. This process will:
- Increase blood circulation and detoxification, enrich the blood with
nutrients and oxygen, and reduces inflammation. This in turn relieves
- Boost collagen production for firmer, smoother skin. This reduces fine
lines, smooths out wrinkles, and reduces acne and superficial scars.
- Decrease muscle recovery time and flushes away toxins.
Cryotherapy can also help with Arthritis stress, chronic pain & headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, circulation issues, muscle spasms, inflammation acne.
Focused Treatment – 15 min | Member $32 | Non-member $37
Cryofacial – 15 min | Member $32 | Non-member $37
Laser Hair Reduction
Laser hair reduction technology is the use of an invisible beam of light and a constant source of heat that penetrates the hair follicle, …More info
Laser Hair Reduction
Laser hair reduction technology is the use of an invisible beam of light and a constant source of heat that penetrates the hair follicle, disabling and then destroying it at its root while preserving the surrounding skin.
Why should I try Laser Hair Reduction?
- Improved Self-Confidence — Laser hair reduction can help you feel and look your very best, no longer questioning how you look when you show off a bit of skin.
- Look Great — Hair reduction by laser can help you be free to enjoy smooth and sexy skin all the time. No more uncomfortable in between and grow-in stages.
- Save Money —Laser for permanent hair reduction may seem expensive, but in the long run, laser hair reduction costs less than continued waxing, electrolysis and other hair reduction methods.
- Save Time — Eliminate the daily or monthly hair reduction routine, no longer having to think about missing your lunch hour to wax, or get electrolysis again. 5. Eliminate Ingrown Hairs — Ingrown hairs can cause discomfort, infections and self-consciousness
Who can benefit from Laser Hair Reduction?
Laser hair reduction works best on those people with dark hair and fair skin. Laser light is attracted to the melanin of the hair, which is also found in skin. Those with dark skin either from suntans or by birth are not ideal candidates for laser hair reduction. Neither will red or light blond haired people — the laser is solely attracted to the darkness of hair.
Is Laser Hair Reduction permanent?
Everyone is unique and will react differently to the laser. The FDA has approved several types of lasers as permanent hair reduction devices. This means that a significant percentage (up to 90%) of hair that is treated with the laser will not grow back. Each session should prove to be more successful at removing the remaining hairs than the previous.
How long does each session take?
Laser treatments can take from just a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the size of the area being treated. A smaller area, such as the bikini or the under arm, can take as little as ten to fifteen minutes, as opposed to the back or leg which can take up to an hour.
How many sessions will I need?
On average, five to seven sessions are needed to really see results, meaning about 80% hair reduction in the area treated.
How long should I wait in between sessions?
Wait four to six weeks between each session. Even if you cannot see the hair, it can still be actively growing beneath the skin and the laser can find and remove the hair follicle successfully. Facial hair should be treated more often than other areas.
What kind of results will I expect on the first session?
With each session you should see significant changes in the amount of hair reduced. Because most of the time our hair is in its active growth state, there should always be positive results. The results will vary for people with hormonal imbalance. For this reason, people who are pregnant or under the age of 16 are not candidates for laser hair reduction.
What are the side effects of laser hair reduction?
Most people leave the session with a bit of a temporary rash or “sunburn-like” reaction. Most skin discoloring will go away quickly, leaving no side effects. However, some people have reported permanent skin discoloring and “blotchiness” in the treated area. It is important to listen to the practitioner carefully and follow the post-treatment instructions carefully.
Will Laser Hair Reduction Hurt?
Laser hair reduction may be somewhat uncomfortable. As with anything, the pain or discomfort you feel may be different from others who have had the procedure. Most people tolerate laser hair reduction very well. At first, you will likely feel a slight stinging sensation, indicating that the laser has been activated. The treatment involves a series of impulses that cause prickling and a slight burning sensation. Your clinician may apply a topical anesthetic to the area being treated to minimize discomfort, but most people endure the procedure without any. Some people have likened the feeling to that of a rubber band snapping against your skin.
What areas can the laser treat?
Aside from the area close to the eye, almost any area of the body with excess hair can be treated with lasers. Most commonly, patients ask for treatments for their face, upper lip, neck, chest, breasts, underarms, back, abdomen, bikini line and legs. Many people have areas of unwanted hair and are embarrassed to discuss them. Please ask questions about any areas with confidence that your technician will answer them discretely and honestly.
How much does it cost?
The listed prices below for Laser Hair Reduction are generally accurate, but your Laser Technician may find that an area yields a slight price increase based on the size of the area being treated.
- Laser Level I (upper lip, chin, sideburns, toes, or other small areas) = $79/session
- Laser Level II (regular bikini line, underarms, or other medium-sized areas) = $158/session
- Laser Level III (lower legs, upper legs, arms, back, Brazilian bikini, stomach, or other large areas) = $315/session
Call the acac Downtown Spa at 434-975-1740 to schedule a FREE 30-minute consultation which includes paperwork, a patch test and Q&A session.
Back “Facial” You’ll be face-down for this customized treatment that tends to your back from your hips to your shoulders. …More info
You’ll be face-down for this customized treatment that tends to your back from your hips to your shoulders. This is essential for when you want to feel your absolute best in a special dress, swimsuit, or anything more revealing!
- 45 min – Member $75 | Non-member $80
*Organic facial available upon request
Eminence Stone Crop Body Treatment
Take yourself to the next level of relaxation with our full-body treatment. Our body scrub combines salt and sugar to buff away dull dry skin cells and set the stage for hydration. Followed by our restorative wrap and body oil, this treatment will reduce stress, smooth and contour your skin, and promote healing from head to toe.
- 90 min – Member $120 | Non-member $125
With several colors to choose from, you can darken and/or hide the gray in your eyebrows and eyelashes with these vegetable-based dyes. …More info
With several colors to choose from, you can darken and/or hide the gray in your eyebrows and eyelashes with these vegetable-based dyes. These 15-minute appointments make for a quick way to shave time off your daily makeup routine. Tints generally last a minimum of 3 weeks.
- Brow Tinting | Member $22 | Non-member $24
- Lash Tinting | Member $22 | Non-member $24
Waxing is a great alternative to shaving when wanting to temporarily remove unwanted hair, leaving your skin silky smooth! Hair is removed …More info
Waxing is a great alternative to shaving when wanting to temporarily remove unwanted hair, leaving your skin silky smooth! Hair is removed from the root, which results in hair growing back finer and thinner over time. We use both strip wax and hard wax, depending on both the area and the Esthetician. Hair should be grown out to preferably 1/4″ and no longer than 1″.
Please note: Prices may vary if service duration has to be extended or extra wax is necessary to complete the desired results.
- Back wax | Member $68 | Non-member $73
- Bikini wax | Member $40+ | Non-member $42+ | Price may vary with service duration
- High bikini wax | Member $55 | Non-member $60
- Brow wax | Member $24 | Non-member $26
- Brow shaping wax | Member $25 | Non-member $28
- Cheek wax | Member $23 | Non-member $26
- Chest wax | Member $50 | Non-member $55
- Chin wax | Member $17 | Non-member $19
- Half arm wax | Member $35 | Non-member $38
- Full arm wax | Member $57 | Non-member $62
- Full face wax | Member $47 | Non-member $51 *does not include eyebrows
- Full leg wax | Member $88 | Non-member $96
- Lower Leg wax | Member $43 | Non-member $46 *does include knee
- Upper Leg Wax | Member $48 | Non-member $53
- Lip wax | Member $17 | Non-member $19
- Neck wax | Member $24 | Non-member $26
- Stomach wax | Member $30 | Non-member $32
- Underarm wax | Member $23 | Non-member $26
- Full leg & regular bikini wax combo | Member $100 | Non-member $105
Manicures Classic Manicure | Member $35 | Non-member $40Spa Manicure | Member $45 | Non-member $50 Add-ons:French Manicure | …More info
Classic Manicure | Member $35 | Non-member $40
Spa Manicure | Member $45 | Non-member $50
French Manicure | $5
Shellac Manicure | $10
Classic Pedicure | Member $50 | Non-member $55
Spa Pedicure | Member $60 | Non-member $65
French Pedicure | $5
*Nail services currently available at the Albemarle Square Spa only.
Custom Facial* You will discuss your skin’s needs with your esthetician to tailor this service. Includes a thorough cleansing, …More info
You will discuss your skin’s needs with your esthetician to tailor this service. Includes a thorough cleansing, exfoliation (often with steam), treatment masque, and hydration of the face, neck, and décolleté, as well as a massage of the hands, arms, neck, and shoulders. All skin types.
- 60 Min – Member $88 | Non-member $93
*organic facial available by request
An abbreviated version of the Custom or Custom Organic Facial for the client on the go. Includes a thorough cleansing, exfoliation, treatment masque, and hydration of the face, neck, and décolleté. All skin types.
- 30 Min – Member $63 | Non-member $68
*organic facial available by request
An extended, more indulgent version of our Custom or Custom Organic Facial. Includes a bit more massage, heated mitts, and booties, as well as an extra treatment masque. All skin types.
- 90 Min – Member $118 | Non-member $123
*organic facial available by request
Offered for 11-19-year-olds. Whether your teen battles acne, excessive oil, rosacea, or intense dryness, this facial is designed to treat and calm his/her skin.
- 45 Min – Member – $75 | Non-member $80
*organic facial available by request
Healthy Aging Facial
This facial will instantly brighten your skin! Elasticity and firmness will be improved. Pores will be decongested and reduced. You will leave looking Hydrated and radiant.
- 60 Min – Member $100 | Non-member $105
SkinCeuticals® Reconditioning & Firming Treatment
This facial is an especially nourishing treat for skin that has recently been exposed to the elements and will leave you looking healthy, firm, and hydrated. Ideal for normal, dry, dehydrated, and mature skin.
- 60 Min – Member $108 | Non-member $113
Vitamin C Renewal Facial
This Facial will revitalize your skin’s appearance and bring life to your complexion! Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, this treatment will hydrate, lift and tone your skin, as well as, reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- 60 Min – Member $95 | Non-member $100
Restorative Hydrating Facial
Gentle cleansing and micropolish exfoliation, followed by a bio cellulose hydrating mask will leave your skin feeling soft and supple.
- 60 Min – Member $105 | Non-member $110
Relieve tension in facial muscles with this skin-boosting treatment using LEEF Wild Crafted CBD skin oil. Boost circulation and collagen, enhance glow, even out skin tone, and improve elasticity while promoting lymphatic drainage. Learn more about CBD here.
- Member $18 | Non-member $23
Full Body CBD Massage Designed for a head-to-toe CBD experience, LEEF REVIVAL CBD body oil provides a deeper level of relaxation. Learn …More info
Full Body CBD Massage
Designed for a head-to-toe CBD experience, LEEF REVIVAL CBD body oil provides a deeper level of relaxation. Learn more about CBD here.
- 60 min Member $132 | Non-member $143
CBD Massage Add-On
LEEF REVIVE CBD balm targets sore muscles and joints providing deep relief to areas that need it most. Learn more about CBD here
- Member $30 | Non-member $35
Whether divine relaxation and rejuvenation is your goal or you need something deeper and more therapeutic to work out the kinks, this massage is for you! Your massage therapist will customize this service to your needs to provide an exceptional spa experience.
- 30 min Member $66 | Non-member $72
- 45 min Member $83 | Non-member $88
- 60 min Member $97 | Non-member $102
- 75 min Member $119 | Non-member $124
- 90 min Member $135 | Non-member $141
- 120 min Member $179 | Non-member $190
Head, Neck and Shoulder Massage
A quick fix to the areas that hold stress and tension the most.
- 30 min Member $61 | Non-member $66
Just what the doctor ordered–literally! This result-oriented treatment aims to resolve conditions that have been diagnosed by a physician. Clients scheduled for this massage must submit a prescription from their physician to The Spa prior to treatment. The massage will focus only on the area related to the diagnosis and prescription. (Note: Clients should contact their insurance provider prior to acquiring a prescription from their physician to ensure that reimbursement through a flex-benefits plan, or otherwise, is available. The Spa at acac will not submit insurance paperwork or claims on behalf of a client.)
- 30 min Member $72 | Non-member $77
- 45 min Member $88 | Non-member $93
- 60 min Member $108 | Non-member $113
- 90 min Member $141 | Non-member $146
This “table Thai” massage integrates the Western (Swedish) knowledge of soft-tissue therapy with the ancient Eastern (Thai) knowledge of a highly revered form of intuitive medicinal massage. Your massage therapist will combine very specific stretching, compression, and energy-point therapy from Thai Yoga Massage into a relaxing Swedish Massage, ensuring that you are securely draped the whole time.
- 60 min Member $101 | Non-member $107
- 90 min Member $140 | Non-member $145
Enhance your massage experience with the power of essential oils. We use local MedEssential Oil blends, which are pesticide, pollutant, and cruelty-free. You may choose from either of the following blends, based either on scent preference or intended results:
- Citrus Inspiration (an uplifting blend of grapefruit, fragonia, and eucalyptus)
- Eye of the Calm (a relaxing blend of lavender, rosewood, rose, and neroli)
- Muscle Balm (a pain-relieving blend of lavender, peppermint, wintergreen, basil, cypress, juniper berry, lemongrass, clove, rosewood, and black pepper)
- Peaceful Transformation (a balancing, meditative blend of sandalwoods, frankincense, palmarosa, lavender, and rose)
This simple addition to your massage is completely worthwhile due to its effect both on your senses and the impact of the essential oils on your nervous system through absorption!
- $8 add-on to any Custom, Medical, Hot Stone or Swe-Thai Massage
A massage designed to comfort and unwind the expectant mother, as well as alleviate the discomfort that may be associated with pregnancy. (Note: Women must be in their second or third trimester to receive a massage at The Spa at acac unless a physician’s note is submitted to The Spa prior to treatment.)
- 60 min Member $97 | Non-member $102
Relax and improve circulation with this unique pressure point technique. Energy blockages in the body are released as pressure is applied to specific reflex points on your feet.
- 30 min Member $57 | Non-member $63
- 60 min Member $85 | Non-member $90