Easy Energy Bites
A quick and easy snack to help energize you for any occasion with endless possibilities to customize to your taste.
Makes: 50 bites
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla
Thoroughly mix every into a bowl and place in the refrigerator for half an hour. After mixture is chilled, roll into balls. If stored in an airtight container in refrigeration, bites can last up to 1 week.
Allergy substitutions and alterations:
Peanut Butter: any nut or seed butter
Honey: agave or maltitol syrup
Coconut: can leave out or substitute with any type of crushed cereal, whole wheat flour, granola, cocoa powder, or anything that you find delicious.
- For people with celiac disease or gluten intolerances, be sure to buy certified gluten free oats
- If you are having trouble finding ground flax seeds, whole seeds can be grounded in a coffee grinder or high powered blender.
- Chocolate chips can be substituted for carobs, different flavored chips, crushed nuts/seeds or any dried fruit desired.
Per full batch: 3516 calories, 356 g carbohydrates, 87 g protein, 193 g fat (55 g sat, 74 g mono, 48 g poly), 53 g fiber
Per serving (2 bites): 140 calories, 14.2 carbohydrates, 3.5 g protein, 7.7 g fat (2.2 g sat, 3 g mono, 1.9 g poly), 2.1 g fiber
Recipe by Ralanta Thomas
For more nutrition information please contact Kris Bonham RDN at firstname.lastname@example.org.