Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken with Farro
Fall is in full swing!
Cozy up and enjoy this warm dish with your favorite fall flavors.
by Sarah Frazier, acac Timonium p.r.e.p. director
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
. . .
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dill, basil, and paprika. Spread evenly on the chicken thighs with your hands or a brush and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook the chicken thighs on each side until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the farro to the skillet and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and lemon juice. Stir together to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken thighs and juices back to the skillet and place in the oven. Cook for about 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the farro is tender.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let rest for about 2 – 5 minutes. Serve with a side of broccoli!