Stay up to date with the latest aquatics pool schedules and guidelines.
The acac pools are currently open for lap swimming, recreational swimming, and group exercise, by advance reservation.
Lap Swimming Operational Guidelines
Note: Advance reservations are required for lap swimming in the Albemarle Square and Downtown indoor pools.
Members must reserve a lane for 30 or 60 minutes via the acac app or acac member portal. Reservations open 3 days in advance, no-show fees will apply.
- mobile app reservation – open acac mobile app, select ‘reservations’, select ‘swimming’, select ‘location, date, & duration’, select specific day and time, click ‘reserve’.
- website member portal reservation – visit acac.com and click ‘member login & online registration’, select ‘reserve a court/lane’, select ‘swimming’ tab, select location/pool, select date, drag and highlight time length, select ‘reserve a lane’, select ‘save reservation’.
. . .
Lap Swimming Etiquette
- Stay constantly aware of other swimmers.
- Select a lane that has swimmers moving close to the pace you are most comfortable swimming.
- As the swimmer joining a lane, let the other swimmers know upon entering the pool that you are sharing the lane as to avoid collisions.
- Allow swimmers doing faster strokes to go ahead and allow 5-10 seconds between yourself and the swimmer ahead of you.
- If you are overtaking a swimmer, gently touch their feet so they are aware of your presence.
- If you are being overtaken, avoid speeding up or stopping in the middle of the pool when “tagged.”
. . .
Aquatic Group Class Etiquette
Aquatic group classes are held at the Downtown and Albemarle Square locations and are included in your acac membership.
The Group Class Schedule has classes highlighted in green which are appropriate for new participants. If you are not sure where to start, ask an acac team member for assistance.
How to have a successful aquatic group class experience:
- Wear a comfortable bathing suit or aquatic attire. Please refrain from wearing worn-out or sheer bathing suits.
- Participants should shower prior to entering the pool and should not wear perfumes or heavily scented lotions.
- Bring a water bottle and towel.
- Arrive early for equipment setup and to ask any questions.
- The warm-up is essential to your safety. Do not enter a class more than 10 minutes after the listed start time.
- Cool-down and stretching are important for your safety. Please do not leave class early.
- Please limit personal conversations during class so others can hear the instructor.
- Any equipment used for class should be returned to its original location after class.